Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sacred Writings

This opportunity for spiritual reflection is held on Sunday mornings from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Members of the group submit for discussion a piece of writing that inspires or encourages. Each week you will find a few lines of the upcoming subject in the newsletter. Come when the spirit, or the writing moves you to be with us. Childcare is provided. The September 27th selection is from “A Time to Keep Silence” by Patrick Leigh Fermor. “With curiosity and misgiving I walked up the hill from the Rouen-Yvetot road towards the Abbey of St Wandruille. I had spent an abominable night in Rouen in a small hotel near the station where a procession of nightmares turned my night into a period of acute and apparently interminable agony. I was arriving unknown and unannounced; I was in search of somewhere quiet and cheap to stay while I continued to work on a book I was writing…”

No comments:

Post a Comment