Tuesday, April 20, 2010

With Heartfelt Thanks

I’m still reeling from the wonderful outpouring of love, tributes, and all the events of last Sunday’s 25th Anniversary Celebration.

I was touched and incredulous for the depth of your generosity and thoughtfulness of your gifts and kind words.

Having the pipe organ dedicated in my name is incredibly meaningful – as you know the Aeolian-Skinner is my very close buddy in music making.

As some of you may recall, when I began at 1st U, we started a Young Artist program that supported community student musicians (you may know of Alicia Witt and Dmitri Kustanovich among others who have gone on to successful and famous careers). So now, what a great opportunity to be able to help foster other young musicians.

And, “vacation”—What does that word mean?! Well, Blaine & I will be finding out in the coming months (not sure how/when yet), a long-needed respite enabled by your generosity.

With deepest appreciation, I hope that our music making continues to inspire, comfort, and connect with all souls who enter our doors.

Peace and love,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment