Friday, July 1, 2011

Interfaith Hospitality Network at First U in July - Volunteers Needed


An appeal went out in June from the Interfaith Hospitality Network,  a shelter program for children and families that has been a major mission of First Unitarian.  Two churches that had been scheduled to host families this summer had to drop out, and IHN asked for others to step forward.  I talked with Joonu-Noel Cost, our coordinator for IHN.  She was not able to coordinate for a week in July, but I am, so, after checking with church staff, I agreed to host for July 17-24. 

I am looking for volunteers to stay overnight, to make suppers and to open up the church.  I will be glad to train anyone who has not yet done volunteer work for IHN. 

Please contact me at gustavsonliz@hotmail.com, or on my cell at 508-517-4315 if you can help.

Thank you!
Liz Gustavson

No comments:

Post a Comment