Tuesday, October 18, 2016

UU Sisterhood Monthly Potluck Dinner and Program

Please join us for the next UU Sisterhood Monthly Potluck Dinner and Program  Friday, October 21.

We will start the evening with our usual potluck dinner starting at 6:00.
All women of the church are encouraged to attend, please bring a dish and drink to share. 

Our own Lorna Pezanelli will bring us a program that she has developed.  She describes it in more detail below.


   


Presentation
Title: "Women of the 18th Century in Colonial America." This past summer, on a full scholarship, I attended a fascinating 5-day George Washington Teacher Institute at Mt. Vernon, VA on this topic. We studied women from the lower-mid classes to the upper classes.We also studied Native American women and female slaves. I will have a slide presentation. handouts, and information for further research. 

Lorna’s Bio
I teach Art in Millbury to grade 4-6 students. I'm creator/coordinator of the annual "Art in the Valley" art show, which features over 400 works of students in grades K-8 throughout the Blackstone Valley schools, both public and private. The show had ~1,500 attendees last year. This April will be the 11th year of the show.

I also work at the Worcester Public Library Foundation. In my spare time, I paint, create fabric art, cook, bake, and read (esp. Colonial American History)  
I was lead vocalist in a band for 30+ years. My 2 grandsons are a joy! As many of you know, after a 50 year hiatus, I'm thrilled to say that I've taken up horseback riding again and have not fallen off . . . yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment